RETI DI CALCOLATORI
– Become familiar with layered network architectures (OSI and TCP/IP) and the client/server model.
– Learn some aspects of signal theory and signal propagation.
– Understand the basics of error detection including parity, checksums, and CRC.
– Learn the principles of shared network access, both on wired and wireless media.
– Learn the principles of interneworking, routing and th IP working principles.
– Understand the concepts of reliable data transfer and how TCP implements these concepts.
– Learn sockets programming and how to implement client/server programs.
– Know the principles of congestion control and trade-offs in fairness and efficiency.
– Know the key representation formats for multimedia data.
– Familiarize with security issues and solutions at various levels of the protocol stack.
TESTI DI RIFERIMENTO
Slides and notes from lectures, available on elearning.uniud.it