CALCOLO DELLE PROBABILITA' E STATISTICA
The student should be able to use the main results of probability in order to: solve simple problems on probabilities an conditional probabilities; chose probability distributions apt to describe a random phenomenon; appropriately use approximate probability distributions, even for inference.
The student should be able to model simple situations of uncertainty.
The student should be able to discuss the reasons leading to a particular stochastic model in simple uncertainty situations and to explain in an adeguate manner the conclusions of a statistical inference.
The student should be able to deepen her knowledge in probability and statistical inference, practicing analysis of data from databases, for instance in view of cybersecurity.
Statistics. The main topics are
1. Elementary probability
2. Random variables, unidimensional and multidimensional, discrete and continuous
3. Moments and moment generating function
4. Special univariate distributions
5. Modes of convergence, LLN and CLT
6. Introduction to statistical inference