MASTERʼS DEGREE IN
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & CYBERSECURITY
The international inter-university master’s degree program in Artificial Intelligence & Cybersecurity promotes an environment of academic exchange, in a spirit of cooperation at European level, and aims to develop an educational system in collaboration with the Alpen-Adria University of Klagenfurt (Austria) awarding a double degree.
Its courses take advantage of the expertise of the two universities to provide students with advanced technical knowledge focusing on present-day Computer Science disciplines sought-after by the national and international job market, such as:
- artificial intelligence systems;
- programming languages and advanced algorithms;
- systems architecture.
The Program prepares students to be able to work autonomously as:
- artificial intelligence specialist;
- cybersecurity specialist.
The Program also prepares students for the professions:
- analyst and software designer;
- analyst, designer and system administrator.
Such activities play a fundamental and essential role in industry, IT and computerised services, public administration, health, scientific research, environment and land, culture and cultural heritage, multimedia and, generally, within any organisation that uses complex computer systems.
On completion of their studies, students will discuss a thesis, written in English, at both Universities. All lessons will be held in English.
Why choose this masterʼs degree program?
Here are a few reasons:
- you like the idea of studying in an international environment and you are attracted by the possibility of attending some courses abroad (in English);
- you want to become a skilled specialist able to foster innovation in the context of research and development, planning, design, and project management, as well as security and quality control, management, maintenance and verification of software;
- you want to develop a qualified profile enabling you to enter the job market in a role of technical or managerial responsibility or to continue your studies through a PhD or second-level master degree (master di secondo livello), in Italy or abroad;
- you want to obtain a double degree.
Having successfully completed the study program, you will gain the double degree qualification of Master in Artificial Intelligence & Cybersecurity from the University of Udine and Diplom-Ingenieur in Computer Science from the Alpen-Adria University of Klagenfurt.
The Master’s Degree Program in Artificial Intelligence & Cybersecurity has been certified by ENISA (European Union Agency for Cybersecurity) and has been awarded the GRIN quality certification mark, issued by the Italian Association of Computer Science University Professors (GRIN) in collaboration with the Italian Association for Computer Science and Automated Calculation (AICA).
What happens after graduation?
The Program is structured in such a way as to further the theoretical and methodological foundations as well as the technical knowledge of graduate students, enabling them to enter the job market in a role of technical or managerial responsibility or to continue their studies through a PhD or second-level master’s degree (master di secondo livello), in Italy or abroad.
By passing a qualifying State exam, the Artificial Intelligence & Cybersecurity graduate may also enroll on the Italian Register of Chartered Engineers, Section A – Information Engineering.
Another possible occupational outlet is teaching in secondary school, which (in Italy) requires completion of the training process in accordance with the provisions of the current legislation. It is worth noting that the recent approval of the decree implementing Law no. 107 of 13 July 2015 concerning “the system of initial training and access to teaching positions at lower and upper secondary schools” has introduced a new recruitment model. Specifically, “all graduates who have earned 24 academic credits in psychological, anthropological or pedagogical training areas or in teaching methodologies are eligible to participate in the selection processes” clearing the way for a career as a teacher in the secondary education system. The offering of the University of Udine includes courses tailored to meet such requirements.
The unemployment rate for graduates with an international master’s degree is zero a few weeks after graduation, as demonstrated by the AlmaLaurea survey.