– know the exact definitions of fundamental physical quantities like: momentum, angular momentum, energy in its various forms, entropy, electromagnetic fields; understand the main relations between physical quantities, conservation laws, recognizing in which cases they apply.
– solve simple problems where one has to understand which laws of physics apply and how to apply them; derive simple relations between physical quantities from fundamental laws; produce qualitative predictions of the behavior of simple physical system, based on the results learnt.
– give orders of magnitudes of physical quantities, based on some kn own data and some fundamental physical law; find the simplest way to solve a problem for which more solution paths exist; recognize results that are obviously wrong or violate fundamental physical laws.
– describe the reasoning followed to explain a phenomenon or to solve a problem, briefly but clearly, without ambiguities either in the mathematical language or in the usage of physical concepts, and without unexplained assumptions.
– study autonomously on the textbooks and other didactic material; try to solve the proposed problems, selecting autonomously the most significant..
any physics textbook for engineering and science covering all topics.
Further readings: D. J. Griffiths, Introduction to Electrodynamics,