- Gamma-ray bursts (GRB) are short-lived bursts of gamma-ray light, the most energetic form of light, lasting anywhere from a few milliseconds to several minutes.
- HERMES-Technologic and Scientific pathfinder (HERMES-TP/SP) is a constellation of six 3U nano-satellites hosting simple but innovative X-ray detectors for the monitoring of Cosmic High Energy transients such as GRB and the electromagnetic counterparts of Gravitational Wave Events. The main objective of HERMES-TP/SP is to prove that accurate position of high energy cosmic transients can be obtained using miniaturized hardware.
The main goals of the projects are:
- join the multimessenger revolution by providing a first mini-constellation for GRB localizations with a total of six units. First experiment of GRB triangulation with miniaturized instrumentation;
- develop miniaturized payload technology for breakthrough science.
The aim of my research project is to provide insights and better knowledge in Gamma-Ray Burst (GRB) and use this knowledge to contribute in Hermes-TP/SP. I use techniques of Deep Learning to analyse data acquired from X/Gamma ray telescopes. The steps consist in:
- Identify long GRB not already labelled in GRB catalogues
- Simulate the GRB without prior models
- Find the relation between signals in different energy band